What a beautiful 1st day of August to everyone! Monday morning is so bright and full of life! Which brings me to our topic for today which is planning your next mini trip! After our Euro and UK trip, our kids are soon going back to school. So we want to do something special for our girls. Plus our littlest one is now turning ‘3’! Time flies, so as a parent we take what we can especially spending time with our children and loved ones. Be present, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually in every situation we can. Engaged!
We might not have much, but what we have, we make the best possible use of its full potential. It doesn’t have to be über expensive, but it has to be engaging!
So on to our topic today on mini outings/vacation… As I mentioned prior, our little one is turning 3 this coming mid August and when we asked her where she wants to go, guess where?
The big expected answer was Disneyland! Why am I not surprised. She wanted to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and the rest of the crew!
Here are the things that I stumble upon in Pinterest while searching for OC country fair, things to do in and around OC, thanks to Pinterest -> Wander Wisdom and a lot more. Things to do in Orange County (OC):
- OC County Fair. Go to Orange County Fair, Costa Mesa -The 2016 dates are July 15 to August 14. Be sure to check out their daily promotions, buy tickets and get general fair, click here for more information. (08.05.2016 ~ Friday)
- Go to Disneyland and California Adventure! (08.06.2016 ~ Saturday)
- Take a moonlit stroll through Downtown Disney in Anaheim.
- Try the CAULDRON nitrogen s’mores ice cream in a “puffle” waffle/egg puff cone. Couldron is in Santa Ana. Check in Yelp, with nitrogen ice cream finished science experiment-style style in front of you which is their signature “puffle” cone which is a hybrid of mini Asian egg puffs and a regular waffle cone. You can tear off the slightly warm little puffs one by one and dip into your ice cream. (08.07.2016 ~ Sunday)
- Go and visit Basilica in San Juan Capistrano (08.07.2016 ~ Sunday)
- Experience the Great Park Balloon Ride in Irvine. Hop on the park’s big orange balloon and go for an epic aerial ride ~ about 400 feet above the ground for 10 minutes. Serving as an observation deck for the development of the Great Park, this balloon ride offers an unmatched panoramic view that spans over 35 miles on a clear day. Did you know that the ride only costs $10/person which is way cheaper than most hot air balloon rides. (08.07.2016 ~ Sunday)
- Jump on the Amtrak Surfliner and head North or South for the day. (08.07.2016 ~ Sunday).
- See the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove. (08.08.2016 ~ Monday)
- Sawdust Art Festival family friendly with free admission for kids 12 and younger. Opens starting on June through August.
- Browse the shops on Main St. in Surf City USA, Huntington Beach.
- Watch medieval knights joust while feasting like a king at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament.
- Learn something new to impress your friends with at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana.
- Catch a movie from the backseat of your car at Star Vu Drive-In at the OC Fair & Event Center.
- Get wine drunk at the Laguna Canyon Winery. But make sure to take a cab/über or Lyft.
- Read a book on the beach.
- Ride the free trolley through Laguna Beach in the Summer.
- Visit the Wyland Art Museum in Laguna
Tomorrow, I will add more fun things to do in OC. Please leave us a comment or suggestions, we love to hear from you!