As a busy parent/mom/dad/grandma/grandpa, we have checklist that we should work on to keep everything organized and keep our sanity along the way. Here are some tips that I can share in regards with the preparation before their first day of school.
TIPS FOR PREPARING YOUR KIDS AND HOME FOR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
LABEL EVERYTHING ~ Everything gets mixed together from kids uniforms, book supplies, bags, lunch boxes etc labelled before school starts. Then they go missing?!? Some gets left behind in the eating area or another child accidentally takes it home, but if they are clearly labelled it usually will find back to the rightful owner which is your child!
ENCOURAGE INDEPENDENCE ~ Before your child starts school, very important for them to know how to do certain things at home. May it be minimal or little help from us. Such as:
- Open their food in lunch box, ie. peel off yoghurt covers, peel banana
- Open drink bottles
- Dress themselves
- Go to the bathroom themselves
- Wash themselves
- Wash their hands
- Helping to pack school bag
- Getting in and out of the car themselves with their school bag
- Ensure they can recognize their own bag, lunchbox etc.
- SET DATES IN YOUR CALENDAR, PLAN ~ Everything gets mixed together from kid Make sure to check the events calendar, they will have information about teacher/parent night, public holidays, student free days, etc. Make sure it’s listed in your calendar, so you will remember important dates and book kids into extra care if needed for student free days.
Thanks to Pinterest for the great and awesome suggestions!
Please leave us a comment or suggestions, we love to hear from you! Will continue tomorrow on the same topic!