I wanted to cook clams and I want a recipe different than the usual that we do. So I was in search of a different clam recipe and I stumbled upon this…
Steamed Clams in Creamy Ale Sauce Recipe
- 2-3 POUNDS LITTLE NECK CLAMS
- 2 CUPS ALE OR PALE ALE
- ½ YELLOW ONION, CHOPPED
- ⅓ CUP CREAM
- 1 LEMON, SQUEEZED
- 2 TABLESPOONS FRESH BASIL, MINCED
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- 1 TEASPOON CAYENNE PEPPER
- SERVE WITH TOASTED FRENCH BREAD
- Rinse the clams under cool water, scrubbing any sand or dirt off the shells. Discard any that are open and won’t close when tapped on a firm surface. Set aside.
- In a large lidded saucepan, add the beer, onion, butter, lemon juice, garlic, basil, and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Carefully add the clams to the simmering sauce, then cover and steam until fully opened, about 5 minutes.
- While the clams are steaming, toast slices of french bread for dipping.
- After 5 minutes, add the cream to the saucepan, stir once, and let simmer for one additional minute.
- Serve in bowls with creamy ale sauce so the clams stay warm. Serve with toasted french bread.
Please leave us a commentary or suggestions, we love to hear from you!
SEIZE the DAY!
Live your life to the fullest!
Enjoy what life can offer!
Thank God for today and everyday! Thanks Pinterest!
Stop complaining and START LIVING!